Video/Audio Networked surveillance system enhAncement through Human-cEntered adaptIve Monitoring
Objective of the project
The aim of VANAHEIM is to study innovative surveillance components for autonomous monitoring of complex audio/video surveillance infrastructure, such as the ones prevalent in shopping malls or underground stations.
The multidisciplinary team worked on the following applications areas:
- Automatic sensor selection for videowall management
- Human-centered monitoring using audio/video analysis
- Long-term statistics building for planning applications
Contribution of Multitel
As principal investigator and project coordinator, MULTITEL is in charge of the management aspects of the project. Moreover, since the key competence of MULTITEL is the video analysis and features extraction, MULTITEL is also involved in the related tasks (human behaviour monitoring in the station).
Last, as coordinator, MULT is actively involved in the dissemination activities.
- Multitel, Belgique
- Idiap Research Institute (IDIAP), Suisse
- Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et Automatique (INRIA), France
- Thales Communications France (TCF), France
- Thales Italia, Italie
- Gruppo Torinese Trasporti (GTT), Italie
- Régie Autonome des Transports Parisiens (RATP), France
- University of Vienna (UNIVIE), Autriche