Objective of the projet
WalHub is a European Digital Innovation Hub – EDIH based in Wallonia (Belgium) that supports manufacturing companies in their digital transformation, by raising awareness and adopting key technologies.
It is part of Digital Wallonia’s “Industry of the Future” programme, which aims to accelerate the deployment of Industry 4.0 in Wallonia.
The Walhub project aims to:
- Become the one-stop-shop for the Walloon manufacturing ecosystem for the adoption of new technologies – AI, HPC (High Performance Computing), cybersecurity and IoT to achieve competitive and sustainable industrial and supply chain processes.
- Integrate a portfolio of demonstrators to be emulated by private digital players and thus increase Walhub’s capacity to meet the needs and challenges of the manufacturing industry in Wallonia.
- Become a strong entry point to help Walloon manufacturing companies find investments, access to knowledge, research and key networks through its partnerships and its presence in several European initiatives and programmes.
- Provide a coordinated and integrated training portfolio to develop the digital skills of workers in manufacturing SMEs.
- Create a regional and international community that promotes and positions Wallonia’s know-how in targeted technological fields as a European and global player.
Project type: EDIH – DEP (EDIH = European Digital Innovation Hub / DEP: Digital Europe Program)
Total budget: €3,480,917.80€ – Budget of Multitel: 217,507.36 €
The European Digital Innovation Hubs are an initiative of the «Digital Europe» programme, co-funded by the European Commission and Wallonia.
Contribution of Multitel
Multitel is referent for the Artificial Intelligence axis.
To accelerate the digital transformation of manufacturing companies in Wallonia through the adoption of four key technologies: AI, IoT, HPC and cyber security.